Sunday, May 25, 2008

Purgatory Ends!!!!

Well, my personal hell is over. I have rec'd a job offer. I/we are thrilled that a long 4 month job search is over. I will be joining The Addis Group as an Acct Mgr/VP (sounds important huh?) on May 30th. I'm sure the 3-5 people who look at this blog already know, but here it is. The timing went down to the wire, but I guess things happen for a reason. Thanks for the paid, yet stressful vavcation Zurich. I have said many times, I wouldn't have ever planned my job change, but it was a blessing to spend 4 mos with Julie watching Katie grow. She is such a joy. Back to the job. I'll be working in a Captive unit(off shore ins. co.) managing a book of business. This captive just happens to be domiciled in the Cayman Islands...nice. Looking forward to joining the working world.

This also brings more change to the Hebe home. Jules goes back to AZ on Tues, after a 6 mos maternity leave. She will also be in a new position. Another total BS move handed down by corporate America. Oh well, things happen for a reason. I'm sure still kick butt on her new team as well. Another HUGE change will be for little Katie. Since Mom & Dad are 9 to 5ers again, Peanut is off to daycare full time. We did a test run this past week. K-Mad fared better than Jules I think. It's tough to give your kid to someone else for 8+ hrs a day. Jules is positioning herself for full time Mom duty, but that will be down the road...maybe. Tough to think we will only see Katie awake for 3 hrs a day. The other kick in the ass is she got sick after her second day. Damn snot nose kids. I know it will build her immune system. Little consolation now. We will make the best of it for now.

Finally, I had to get a new car. What a pain in the ass that is. After lots of internet reviews, spreadsheets & test drives, I ended up with a sweet '05 Volvo S60. What a Dad car.

Looking forward to a nice last weekend home for everyone. Hope to get to the Ledges Pic A Nic.

1 comment: